Sunday, January 31, 2010

Orchids In The Sun



~  The miniature yellow Lesser Lady Slippers growing wild at our summer home on Lake of the Woods at Morson, Ontario Canada.  These tiny orchids were no bigger than the tip of my little finger.  I was fascinated to learn there are 2 sizes…had no idea!  This painting took many hours over a 6 month period to paint but was well worth it since I felt I succeeded with the perspective, lighting and depth.  I added a small brilliant blue damsel fly to grab the viewer's attention and touches of gold acrylic and iridescent w/c medium for whimsy and fun!

Medium - Watercolor, gold acrylic, iridescent watercolor medium

Original Painting - 30x22 image,  38 x 30 framed  - $3000
Giclee Prints:  10x8 - $45,  22x15 - $100,  30x22 - $200
Note Cards - 4/$12
(Plus Shipping)

No comments:

Post a Comment